4+ Stars Rating
Recommended for cats
and small to medium sized dogs
Amazon .: 84.95$ CDN
The Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain designed with top of line stainless steel by PetSafe is the perfect solution if you are looking for a fountain for several pets, whether for dogs or cats. With its 128 oz. (1 gal) capacity, you won’t need to refill the water every day. Besides it has a big capacity, the fountain is made of stainless steel which is the number one material recommended as the most hygienic pet dishes, because it’s easy to clean and last longer than plastic models. The pump has a pre-filter to protect the motor from hairs and debris and the unit has two kind of replaceable filters, one charcoal and one foam filter to absorb and remove the bad taste and unpleasant odors from the water.
With its multiple free-falling system, and with innovative 360-degree design the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain gives a unique solution for multiple-pet households. It can provide multiple streams (up to 5) for your pets to drink at the same time. You can adjust the number of streams by changing spout rings included with the unit. No one will have to wait for their turn at the fountain anymore!
The Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain is a relatively big fountain, so keep in mind that it will require more place than a simple water bowl. However the filtered water and the stainless steel material prevents the bacteria growth between cleanings, you will need to clean the unit regularly and change the filters often. As any automatic water fountain, the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain needs maintaining as well, but the cleaning and changing of the filters are really easy procedures.
Key Features of the Drinkwell 360 pet fountain
- Changeable spout rings can create up to 5 water streams
- Flow control cap to adjust the flow of water
- Free-falling system adds oxygen and entice pets to drink more water
- Receiving ramp prevents splash of the water
- Submersible pump for safe and quiet operation
- Foam filter catches hair and debris before they reach the pump
- Stainless steel bowl holds 1 gallon of water, providing water for multiple pets
- Dishwasher safe (excluding pump)
- Rubber bottom to prevent sliding
- Clips hide power cord and hold housing securely in place
- Product Dimensions: 14.6 x 14.8 x 7.5 inches
- Weight: 4.3 pounds
- Adjustable water flow
- Interchangeable spout rings to create multiple water streams
- Free-falling system with receiving ramp
- Stainless steel design
- Circular bowl to drink from any angle
- Replaceable filters
- Big capacity (1 gal)
- Easy to clean
- Easy to change filters
- Recommended for multiple-pet households
- Easy to refill
- Difficult to clean in small sink
- Might be too big for an apartment
- Needs to clean often
- Needs two types of filters
The fountain in action
How It Works
Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain works like all pet fountain from PetSafe. A submersible pump circulates water, allowing it to pass through a foam filter and an activated carbon filter to ensure the water is safe to drink, free from unwanted particles like hair, dirt, and dust. You can find the Flow Control Cap at the top of the fountain. You can control the flow of water by twisting it to the right or to the left to increase or decrease the flow strength.
The pet water dispenser also comes bundled with 5 different spout designs. Each one feature different number of spouts. You can choose whether to allow water to flow through 1 hole only or through 5 different directions. The latter is good for homes with multiple pets, allowing up to 5 of them to drink from the streaming source at the same time. Detailed installation, disassembling, cleaning, and maintenance instructions can be found in the package manual. Owners generally have no problem setting up the pet fountain. If you need extra help, online tutorials for cleaning and installation are available on PetSafe’s website.
Maintenance and Support
Cleaning frequency depends on how often or how many pets use it. Normally, you just need to clean it once a week if you have only one pet at home. Gunk reduces the pump’s ability to circulate the water. If you see water flowing slower than usual, it’s a signal that you need to clean the pet fountain. You have to disassemble the whole water dispenser, including the pump, to clean everything. The plastic and stainless steel parts are dishwashers safe except for the filters and the motor pump. You can also manually scrub the fountain using a brush and dishwashing soap. Make sure to clean it well to remove any saliva residue sticking on the fountain.
Filters should be replaced every 2 to 4 weeks, depending on usage. Replacement for foam filters and carbon filters are available online. PetSafe’s customer support is available via email, call, or chat. US-based specialists are ready to assist you 6 days every week for any product concerns.
Tips if you choose this item
- Don’t let the Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain to run with low water, it can damage the motor.
- Refill often and keep the water level high to prevent loud splashing sound.
- Place it somewhere safe so that debris can’t fall directly into the water so easily.
- You can use pre-filtered water if you don’t want to change the filters very often.
- By using pre-filtered water you can prevent hard-water buildup in the unit.
The Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain is a professional unit, with its free-falling system it really encourages your cats or dogs to drink more water and by that you can keep them healthy and hydrated. The circular shaped interchangeable spout rings are what make the fountain really unique and a good investment if you are living in a multiple-pet household. I would highly recommend it, because it’s a useful and practical product of a trustworthy brand.
The 360 petsafe fountain is one of those fountains that not only shines in providing fresh drinking water to your pets, but is provides a source for multiple pets in your home with its circular design where all your pets can drink from all at the same time.
Your devoted kikie xx